For more information on Eisenhower Fellowships, visit www.efworld.org
Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Daily Financial Times Sri Lanka Interview....


One of the SL EF Fellows, Chandra Jayratne , wanted to make sure that I spoke to The Daily Financial Times about my experience and the Eisenhower Fellowship. He thought it would be great for the group and good press for the upcoming conference.  Of course, I obliged happily. Having done a slew of interviews in and about India,  it was a pleasure  and a change of pace, to have the opportunity to speak with press from Sri Lanka.
So in car ride on the way to a meeting with Virtusa, one of SL’s largest services providers, I had the pleasure of catching up with Cassandra Mascarenhas, a young FT journalist, and engaged in a quick albeit substantive conversation about EF and my proposed Fellowship objectives for coming to Sri Lanka.  The interview went well and Cassandra is a doll, literally and figuratively. Sharp and quick with a British wit and accent mixed with adorably petite and cute, means I liked her immediately.  She asked pertinent questions and she wrote feverishly as I responded back to her questions, slightly rambling, but definitely engaged in the repertoire, all the while giving directions and hoping my driver knows where our next meeting is because we were running late on time.
After the interview was completed, I found out that Cassandra was only 19!!!! Geez. She is planning to study abroad and major in of course, journalism. I wished her the best, took a quick picture, gave her my card, and sincerely added that if there is anything she needs or if there is any way I can help her desire to study in the States, to keep in touch and call me whenever. I meant that. Nothing like helping those who are doing their part to help themselves.  Loved meeting her and honored to have been interviewed. The very next day I was on the front page! Thank you Harsha and Sri Lanka EF! What a ride!
For those who like to read the interview, here is the link: http://www.ft.lk/2011/11/30/bridging-the-global-digital-divide/

0 comments:

Eisenhower Fellowships

Eisenhower Fellowships
Eisenhower Fellowships

Wilco Electronics, Inc.

Wilco Electronics, Inc.
Wilco Electronics, Inc.

Federal Communications Commission

Federal Communications Commission
Federal Communications Commission

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews